26746RE: Re: Search Function - revert to Old Yahoo Format

  • elwefel
    Oct 19, 2013

      While this maybe operator error on my part, I was unable to get this to load, even after downloading Fire Fox.

      I tried several times, but no success.  Hopefully Yahoo will modify there new site and include a search function.

      No having a search function really reduces the usefulness of the Yahoo Discussion Groups.  Does someone know how to get in touch with the folks at Yahoo's Discussion Groups?  Thks Elly

      ---In oscalemodelers@yahoogroups.com, <milepost206@...> wrote:

      Revert to Old Yahoo

      If I have already sent this, please forgive me. If not, this will resolve your new Yahoo issues.

      I installed this FIREFOX PLUGIN shared on multiple yahoo groups -- it
      reverts Yahoo groups to their old appearance on yahoo's old servers.

      http://ehibbert.org.uk/extension/install.html

      When you go to this link it will ask if you want to install this FireFox plugin. While in FireFox you must activate the plugin to use. it.

      Like any experiment in electron manipulation, keep your eyes open and your hand on your pistol. But it works perfectly! Rumors swirled early the plugin may not be upgraded. But I would guess recent PayPal donations have made the developer extremely pleased. I sent him some $$. The search box is worth it.

      Randy Danniel

      --- In OSCALEMODELERS@yahoogroups.com, <elwefel@...> wrote:

      > I thought there was a way to search for past subjects and conversations. Can you still do this, and if so, how?
      >
      > I specifically looking for info on painting brass locos and cars.
      >
      > Thanks, Elly

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic