Re: ORE Controller Boards

  • team_kahuna
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 1, 2009
      --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, Richard Cook <rpcook@...> wrote:

      My name is Steve Brooke and my son is Ben.
      Ben is the Big Kahuna with all the big ideas. I'm just the little kahuna.

      > team_kahuna wrote:
      > > Hi Richard,
      > > perhaps I should get a few MicroORE boards to experiment with. How about
      > > 4 @$2.50?
      >
      > Sure, how about lunch some time?
      >
      > By the way, what is your name, team_kahuna! :)
      >

      > --
      > Richard Cook, 613-591-1456

    • Mordechai Brodt
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 1, 2009
        I have also used Rabbit devices before:
        http://www.rabbit.com/products/rcm5600w/

        Mordechai

        To: ore_bits@yahoogroups.com
        From: mbrodt
        Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 21:46:47 +0000
        Subject: RE: [ORE_bits] wifi - uart bridge and home dashboard

        Hi,

        I have used the WiPort, they are pretty good.
        They have 2 serial ports, or you can also use them as a wifi-ethernet bridge.

        or, this is similar:
        http://ca.mouser. com/ProductDetai l/Lantronix/ MP1001000G- 01/?qs=sGAEpiMZZ MsRr7brxAGoXYBnw zG7B6e4RBX72l82E Ko%3d

        Mordechai

        To: ORE_bits@yahoogroup s.com
        From: andrzej
        Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:18:49 +0000
        Subject: [ORE_bits] wifi - uart bridge and home dashboard

        Hi all,
        Could anyone in the group recommend a wifi to uart solution? Nothing too fancy but cost efficient. I am in the process of sprinkling sensors of all sorts throughout the house. At the moment mostly DS1820 type, but at the end of it all I would like to have a home dashboard, including temperature, humidity and power consumption. So speed is not really and issue.
        I stretched cables to places where it was practical but I figured that it would be cheaper and faster to get onto wifi rather than to cut through he walls and mess with dry wall in the rest of the house.

        Quick googling yields products such as
        http://www.connecto ne.com/default. asp
        various Arduino shields.
        Does anyone have a first hand experience with these modules? Is it difficult to get them to work?

        Does anyone else have a dashboard type project on the go or implemented?
        Cheers
        Andrzej

        .

        New! Hotmail sign-in on the MSN homepage.