Special Serial characters

  • ronhedge
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2007
      Hi Paul,

      Last ORE meeting you were mentionig using vt100 control codes to help
      format your debug output from the robot. What codes were you using
      and how?

      Thanks,
      RonH
    • ronhedge
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2007
        Okay I have answered my own question:

        Used Emulation:ANSI on hyperterm;

        Got the ansi codes here (there are lots of other pages too):
        http://rrbrandt.dyndns.org:60000/docs/tut/redes/ansi.php

        Defined some ansi escape codes:
        const char ansi_red[] = "\033[031m" ; // print red
        const char ansi_green[] = "\033[32m"; // print green
        const char ansi_clr_srn[] = "\033[2J"; // clear screen

        Use it in printf()s (pic CCS compiler), the following will clear the
        screen and start printing in green "Hi there:", and continue in green
        until a new color escape code.

        printf(SerTx, "%s%sHi there:",ansi_clr_srn,ansi_green);

        The net result is my robot's debug steam is in colour. It is not
        rocket science but makes the debug a bit easier to follow.

        Plan on using the cursor position escape sequences to print out map data.

        RonH