RE: [ORE_bits] ORE junk pile?

  • Mordechai Brodt
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 1, 2006
      How about having a sale/swap meet/flea market at the next meeting, so that everyone can bring their unused junk and sell/swap/give away?Mordechai

      To: ORE_bits@yahoogroups.comFrom: rpcook
      Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:55:55 -0500Subject: [ORE_bits] ORE junk pile?

      Does the ORE have a junk pile that I can donate to?Don't jump in with an automatic 'yes' unless there really is one! :)I have been collecting stuff for years and cannot breath in my basement any more ... no room!I am interested in moving as much as possible out so that I can focus on some robots.Alternatively, I would be willing to have a flea market for donations, perhaps, to go towards robot parts for me.I have donated to the high school twice but they don't want any more. :)Suggestions? ideas?Thanks.Richard
      .

    • Eric Field
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 1, 2006
        Thats a great idea Morty, it will give the new members ideas for projects and a good way to make new contacts in the group.

        Eric Field

        To: ORE_bits@yahoogroups.comFrom: rpcook
        Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:55:55 -0500Subject: [ORE_bits] ORE junk pile?

        Does the ORE have a junk pile that I can donate to?Don't jump in with an automatic 'yes' unless there really is one! :)I have been collecting stuff for years and cannot breath in my basement any more ... no room!I am interested in moving as much as possible out so that I can focus on some robots.Alternatively, I would be willing to have a flea market for donations, perhaps, to go towards robot parts for me.I have donated to the high school twice but they don't want any more. :)Suggestions? ideas?Thanks.Richard
        .

      • Richard Cook
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 1, 2006
          Hmm, good thinking. as long as it does not break any rules at Algonquinn!
          Can someone from the school advise on this please?
          Swapping is okay, money changing hands might be an issue. Might be okay
          as we are not looking at making a retail profit, just a yard sale!?!?!

          The only issue I have is how much to bring. I still have a lot to sort
          through and certainly can't bring it all.
          I will, however, try to put together a rubbermaid container of assorted
          stuff for one trip.

          Mordechai Brodt wrote:

          > How about having a sale/swap meet/flea market at the next meeting, so
          > that everyone can bring their unused junk and sell/swap/give
          > away?Mordechai

        • Micro
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 6, 2006
            The Sintra has arrived and is ready to be picked up.
            It's too heavy to carry it all up to the meeting room
            on monday, so contact me to make other arrangments.

            The cost is as follows:

            Mordechai 1/8" grey 3x2.25 6.75

            Eric 1/8" black 3x2.25 6.75

            Roelof 1/8" grey 2x2.25 4.50

            Richard yet to be determined

            Ron H 1/8" grey 3x2.25 6.75
            Ron H 1/4" grey 3x4.75 14.25
            -----
            21.00

            Ron C 1/4" grey 3x4.75 14.25
            Ron C 1/8" grey 1x2.25 2.25
            Ron C 1/8" black 2x2.25 4.50
            -----
            21.00

            Normand 1/8" grey 3x2.25 6.75
            Normand 1/4" grey 3x4.75 14.25
            -----
            21.00

            Albert 1/8" grey 3x2.25 6.75
            Albert 1/8" black 3x2.25 6.75
            -----
            13.50

            Stephane 1/4" grey 4x4.75 19.00
            Stephane 1/8" black 4x2.25 9.00
            -----
            28.00

            Guy

            Cheap talk?
            http://voice.yahoo.com
          • stephane641
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 7, 2006
              Thanks for taking care of this Guy. Much appreciated by everyone.

              I'll contact you soon.