IgORE woes

  • Nick Cogghe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hey guys, I hope all of your holidays were as good as mine. =)

      I had a little bit of time off, and was able to get a proof of concept
      robot together. Now I'm working on the software and I've managed to cause
      some sort of weird quarks with the motors.

      Here is what I've done to get to this point:

      1) Moved the system clock from Timer0 to Timer1.
      2) Changed the frequency of the system clock to 100Hz.
      3) Routed Timer0 to be triggered off of an external clock (coming from one
      of the quad decoders)

      So, now to the weird stuff, when I try to run the motors now (through a
      modified IgORE2 test console) motor 1 works fine, motor 2 doesn't not run
      at all. I've checked the h-bridge with an origional version of the test
      console software and both motors work like a charm.

      I have also double checked the direction bits for the I/O lines, and they
      all seem to be in the right direction. The PWM code is the same as it was
      before, and Timer2 is still at the same setting. When I check the enable
      lines I see nothing on the Enable line for motor two.

      Anyone have any ideas on where to look? I know that it isn't a hardware
      thing, but it isn't obvious to me where the problem is. I can post the
      code somewhere if you need more info, but all the PWM stuff is the same as
      the origional test console code.

      Any halp is appreciated. =)

      Nick
    • Nick Cogghe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
        OK, so I've found a way to work around the problem. I now use Timer3 for
        the system clock instead of Timer1.

        If anyone can tell me why turning on Timer1 kills motor 2, then please
        enlighten me. =)

        Nick

        (Does answering myself make me crazy, or is it just a sign something
        else?)

        =)

        On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, Nick Cogghe wrote:

        > Hey guys, I hope all of your holidays were as good as mine. =)
        >
        > I had a little bit of time off, and was able to get a proof of concept
        > robot together. Now I'm working on the software and I've managed to cause
        > some sort of weird quarks with the motors.
        >
        > Here is what I've done to get to this point:
        >
        > 1) Moved the system clock from Timer0 to Timer1.
        > 2) Changed the frequency of the system clock to 100Hz.
        > 3) Routed Timer0 to be triggered off of an external clock (coming from one
        > of the quad decoders)
        >
        > So, now to the weird stuff, when I try to run the motors now (through a
        > modified IgORE2 test console) motor 1 works fine, motor 2 doesn't not run
        > at all. I've checked the h-bridge with an origional version of the test
        > console software and both motors work like a charm.
        >
        > I have also double checked the direction bits for the I/O lines, and they
        > all seem to be in the right direction. The PWM code is the same as it was
        > before, and Timer2 is still at the same setting. When I check the enable
        > lines I see nothing on the Enable line for motor two.
        >
        > Anyone have any ideas on where to look? I know that it isn't a hardware
        > thing, but it isn't obvious to me where the problem is. I can post the
        > code somewhere if you need more info, but all the PWM stuff is the same as
        > the origional test console code.
        >
        > Any halp is appreciated. =)
        >
        > Nick

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • tellurian
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
          Hi Nick,

          That is wierd, I have not run into that. It could be a
          compiler bug too. There is still an outstanding errata
          on dual level interrupts (you're using the '452 I
          assume). Did you try with another '452? Dunno, but
          goot luck.

          Allen M