  • attilanemeth
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1 7:56 AM
      Hello
      Finally I got to put together my Igore board. I am having
      hard time connecting to it. Its my first experience with a
      pic (18f452). I tried Martins' boodloader (colt),
      microchips' and tiny pic boodloader with the provided
      schematic for a programmer.
      http://www.etc.ugal.ro/cchiculita/software/picbootloader.htm

      Non of them seemed to recognize the pic. I am not sure what
      am I doing wrong. I double checked all my circuits. Any
      suggestions?
      thanks

      Attila

      Upgrade your account today for increased storage; mail
      forwarding or POP enabled e-mail with automatic virus
      scanning. Visit
      http://www.canada.com/email/premiumservices.html for more
      information.
    • tellurian
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 9:03 AM
        Hi Attila,

        Igore I or Igore II ?

        Igore II I'll assume.

        You may not be aware that there is a small bit of
        firmware that must be programmed into the PIC via
        regular firmware programmers to use a booloader. Do
        you have a PicStart Plus, or Warp, programmer to load
        this onto the PIC? Just starting at first principles
        ... so if you know this please disregard.

        I use the Tiny Bootloader quite a lot, it should work
        fine on the '452. How are you getting the bootloader
        into the PIC? Are you sure the programmer is working
        correctly? I used the Wasp628 thing on Igore II, but
        once you load the booloader with it you can just use
        the regular serial port.

        If you need to have someone load the bootloader
        firmware onto the PIC for you you can always drop by
        my place (Kanata, if that is handy).

        If that isn't the problem, there is a RS232 disable /
        enable jumper on the Igore II (JP25) it must be in
        place to powerup the MAX232.

        Also what kind kind of serial level converter chip are
        you using, I seem to remember some problems with some
        of the ones from ST ... try a MAXIM Max232 if you are
        using the ST.

        And of course the lame power on ... wiring triple
        check comment ( ... well I still get the TX/RX mixed
        up!).

        good luck
        Allen

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs