Need Some Help

  • jim
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 1, 2003
      hi all i have almost completed my Robot it is a 2 wheel design with 4
      casters on each corner. but i need some help in one other thing i
      need to be able to swictch inputs on a Video input from 3 sources to
      one input and it must be REMOTE controled ie By the Computer that has
      the input, any one have any ideas on how to do this or has any idea
      on computer controlled switches for such

      thanks

      jim
    • tellurian
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 8, 2004
        --- Chris Ledderhof <cjledderhof@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Allen,
        >
        > I'm slowly starting to convert to NiMh. I'm making
        > sure all the portable
        > stuff I get has them now, FRS radios etc.
        >
        > I also built a new NiMh pack to replace the NiCd's
        > in the cordless phone. It
        > works well, it takes about 16 hours to recharge on
        > the cradle vs. 8 for the
        > NiCd's but lasts nearly three weeks between charges
        > instead of 2 to 4 days!
        > I can't remember the details, but I guestimated that
        > based on the NiCd
        > rating and charge time that the NiMh's would be
        > charged safely.

        Ya I did the same with my phone, with the same
        results. Just remember to remove the phone from the
        cradle after about 16 hrs!!! NiMh's shouldn't be left
        on trickle charge, especially not on a NiCad based
        charging system.

        > I am sold on NiMh, but was mainly curious about the
        > 15 min. ones as they
        > will make it easier to 'convert' the rest of the
        > family. I think even the 6
        > yr. old would be willing to wait 15 min.
        >
        > My main concern was that the batteries would work,
        > and last, as advertised.
        >
        > Have you seen then anywhere other than RadioShack?
        > The prices there are
        > ridiculous.

        WallMart, and KMart (Zellers?) have better prices by
        far. $12 for two AA'a. And the Rayovac 15 minute ones
        are super!

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail