Re: Trinity Firefighting competition

  • Ron Clough
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1 7:45 PM
      Good Grief!!!
      Is there enough time between now and April to do this???

      30 weeks * 7 days/week * 24 h/day = 5040 hours.
      5040 hours - (1/3 * 5040) for sleeping - (5 days/week * 8 h/day * 30
      weeks) for making a living = 5040 - 1680 - 1200 = 2160 hours.

      Nope! Definitely not enough time!

      RonC

      --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, aaron <aaron@b...> wrote:
      > Holy cr*p! They just posted the rules for the next Trinity fire
      fighting
      > competition (april 2004). The expert rules changed in a major way.
      They
      > now have two floors! And a 'baby' that needs to be detected and
      marked
      > with a sound beacon. Yipes!
      >
      > http://www.trincoll.edu/events/robot/rules04.htm
      >
      > Aaron
    • stephane641
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2 6:09 AM
        Oh come on Aaron! There's plenty of time! ;-)

        But seriously, people can still compete in the normal one-floor expert
        maze btw. the rescue mission is quite optional. I doubt anybody will
        do the whole thing this year considering even the "pros" had a hard
        time this year.

        It's going to be real cool to look at though.

        I'm hoping to have a robot to enter but only time will tell if I'll be
        able to make it on time.
        I'll try my best as I don't want to let Ron win all by himself! :)

        Later,

        --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Clough" <ronclough@s...> wrote:
        > Good Grief!!!
        > Is there enough time between now and April to do this???
        >
        > 30 weeks * 7 days/week * 24 h/day = 5040 hours.
        > 5040 hours - (1/3 * 5040) for sleeping - (5 days/week * 8 h/day * 30
        > weeks) for making a living = 5040 - 1680 - 1200 = 2160 hours.
        >
        > Nope! Definitely not enough time!
        >
        > RonC
        >

        > --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, aaron <aaron@b...> wrote:
        > > Holy cr*p! They just posted the rules for the next Trinity fire
        > fighting
        > > competition (april 2004). The expert rules changed in a major way.
        > They
        > > now have two floors! And a 'baby' that needs to be detected and
        > marked
        > > with a sound beacon. Yipes!
        > >
        > > http://www.trincoll.edu/events/robot/rules04.htm
        > >
        > > Aaron
      • aaron
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2 3:07 PM
          stephane641 wrote:

          > But seriously, people can still compete in the normal one-floor expert
          > maze btw.

          Come on... what is the fun in competing in the regular old 'easy' expert
          competition? <grin>

          Aaron
        • stephane641
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2 3:29 PM
            heheheh good one!
            I'd like to see you try so we can someone from the club win it.
            I'm betting my money on Ron this year.
            Way to go Ron!

            --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, aaron <aaron@b...> wrote:
            > stephane641 wrote:
            >
            > > But seriously, people can still compete in the normal one-floor expert
            > > maze btw.
            >
            > Come on... what is the fun in competing in the regular old 'easy'
            expert
            > competition? <grin>
            >
            > Aaron
          • Ron Clough
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3 6:01 PM
              --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, "stephane641" <stephane641@r...>
              wrote:
              > I'm betting my money on Ron this year.
              > Way to go Ron!

              Oh man, the pressure, the pressure, . . .