Wireless Ethernet and USB devices

  • Mordechai Brodt
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1 4:27 PM
      Hi,

      I came across an inexpensive Serial - Ethernet gateway:
      http://www.remostech.com/products.html
      IIM7100A $32.99US
      This can be easily interfaced to a PIC.

      If used with a WiFi Wireless Ethernet Bridge
      http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=36&prid=432
      (Approx $100 US).

      This combo would be a nice way of having wireless communication or control
      with a robot and a PC.

      As for easy USB interfacing to PIC or other processors,
      http://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/
      has some nice and easy USB modules ($25US) based on the FT245BM and FT232BM
      chips. They also have modules combining these with PICs (approx $80-95US).

      Mordechai

    • tellurian
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 23, 2003
        I finally got around to populating one of my Igore2
        boards and have run into a problem with the
        configuration bits. I cannot get them to program
        properly using BumbleBee with our Wisp628 unless I
        compile with the CCS compiler, burn in the config bits
        from that, then switch to C18 for the Igore2 code and
        burn in just the code (not the config bits).

        Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a simple
        work around or configuration option somewhere that I
        am missing?

        tks
        Allen M.

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
        http://companion.yahoo.com/
      • joebedford@sympatico.ca
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 23, 2003
          I haven't tried tweaking the bits from the compiler. I copied the bits from a known good PIC using Jolt then used Jolt to set them.

          I did 'break' one PIC's bootloader and was able to use Wisp to restore the bootloader and config bits.

          Cheers, Joe

          > Wrom: MHVIBGDADRZFSQHYUCDDJBLVLMHAALPTC
          > Date: 2003/11/23 Sun PM 04:06:43 EST
          > To: ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [ORE_bits] Igore2 & Wisp & Bumblebee
          >
          > I finally got around to populating one of my Igore2
          > boards and have run into a problem with the
          > configuration bits. I cannot get them to program
          > properly using BumbleBee with our Wisp628 unless I
          > compile with the CCS compiler, burn in the config bits
          > from that, then switch to C18 for the Igore2 code and
          > burn in just the code (not the config bits).
          >
          > Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a simple
          > work around or configuration option somewhere that I
          > am missing?
          >
          > tks
          > Allen M.

        • ronhedge
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2003
            Did you try programming/verifying the config bits with the ??region??
            menu selection. I cant remember the exact name but there is a menu
            item that allows the config/program/data areas to be programmed, read
            or verified seperately. I found that when verifying "all" that the
            config bits was always wrong , but if I verified the region it was
            okay. There seems something wrong with the all option when it comes
            to the config bits.

            Ron H.

            --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, tellurian <i_tellurian@y...> wrote:
            > I finally got around to populating one of my Igore2
            > boards and have run into a problem with the
            > configuration bits. I cannot get them to program
            > properly using BumbleBee with our Wisp628 unless I
            > compile with the CCS compiler, burn in the config bits
            > from that, then switch to C18 for the Igore2 code and
            > burn in just the code (not the config bits).
            >
            > Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a simple
            > work around or configuration option somewhere that I
            > am missing?
            >
            > tks
            > Allen M.

            > Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
            > http://companion.yahoo.com/
          • tellurian
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 24, 2003
              After futzing with it I decided to just burn in a
              bootloader and config bits with the Wisp (a two step
              process no less!!), then use the bootloader to upload
              code. I like BumbleBee because I don't have to load in
              a massive development environment (like python for
              XWisp), but I guess I would like it better if it
              wasn't quite so idiosyncratic.

              But then it is a nice implementation and you can't
              argue with the price!

              Allen M.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 24, 2003
                Thanks Ron, I did try that too ... no luck, there is
                something with the C18 / MPLAB version of config bits
                that BumbleBee just does not seem to like. It is OK
                with the CCS version (and they *are* different) so I
                just compile a lame one liner on CCS to get the config
                bits and use C18 for the Igore2 code.

                Incidentally anyone notice that Yahoo Groups is
                behaving strange lately ... some serious delays (or is
                that someone doing monitoring for spam)?

                Allen M.