Re: Power Supply

  • owenlawrence2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
      --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, "Don Joy" <joydon@r...> wrote:
      > I am hoping someone can offer a suggestion here. I have a motor
      (cordless screwdriver) and would like to use the original power
      source ( 2 1.2 volt batteries, 2.4 V). I have tried using an h-
      bridge, however, the motor does not like the approximate .5 volt drop
      on the h-bridge, in fact it won't function at all. Any suggestions
      on using the original power supply without suffering the voltage drop?

      I don't really have a clue, but can you try taking the motor out of
      the planetary gearset and just run it off the h-bridge? I.e. remove
      the load. Will it run? If you give it a little turn will it run?
      If not, then I'd suspect some other problem.

      - Owen -
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
        You might be stuck using relays...

        Aaron

        On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 17:47:21 -0000 "owenlawrence2003" <owen@...> wrote:

        > --- In ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com, "Don Joy" <joydon@r...> wrote:
        > > I am hoping someone can offer a suggestion here. I have a motor
        > (cordless screwdriver) and would like to use the original power
        > source ( 2 1.2 volt batteries, 2.4 V). I have tried using an h-
        > bridge, however, the motor does not like the approximate .5 volt drop
        > on the h-bridge, in fact it won't function at all. Any suggestions
        > on using the original power supply without suffering the voltage drop?
        >
        > I don't really have a clue, but can you try taking the motor out of
        > the planetary gearset and just run it off the h-bridge? I.e. remove
        > the load. Will it run? If you give it a little turn will it run?
        > If not, then I'd suspect some other problem.
        >
        > - Owen -

      • Orbits Orbits
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2010
          My power supply is behaving very strangely... It's from Canakit. I bought it a while ago (0-20 V 300 mA). It doesn't seem to supply the right amount of Amps to my circuit if that's even possible. I was under the impression that the circuit draws the number of amps that it needs to run... I'm supposed to get 100 mA, and the circuit is only drawing 70 mA. NOT enough.

          Firstly, is that possible? It can supply as much as 300 mA, the circuit needs 100 mA, but the power supply only supplies 70 mA? I think I overloaded it last weekend and it seems to be screwed up.

          Can someone recommend a decent power supply? I only need 6 VDC and maybe 750 mA - 1 A (or more...).

          Anyone have a power supply they don't need. It needs to be regulated.

          B.