Re: Meeting room

  • swbot
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 1, 2002
      How abut the clubhouse at Dovercourt. We had couple of meetings
      there. Seemed reasonible size. Is it available?

      Martin

      --- In ORE_bits@y..., "micro222" <micro222@y...> wrote:
      > I was informed today that the room at Dovercourt is not available
      for
      > our September meeting. We'll have to find somewhere else.
      >
      > Guy
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 1, 2002
        I think that Algonquin is the better bet for this next meeting, for those people using the bus. The clubhouse is a little off the beaten track, if I remember correctly. Algonquin will definitely be easier to get to.

        Aaron

        On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:46:21 -0000 "swbot" <captain.quebec@...> wrote:

        > How abut the clubhouse at Dovercourt. We had couple of meetings
        > there. Seemed reasonible size. Is it available?
        >
        > Martin
        >
        > --- In ORE_bits@y..., "micro222" <micro222@y...> wrote:
        > > I was informed today that the room at Dovercourt is not available
        > for
        > > our September meeting. We'll have to find somewhere else.
        > >
        > > Guy
      • Sylvain Bergeron
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 1, 2002
          Algonquin is the best way for me since I do travel by bus. Maybe ORE should
          use the college on a more perm basis?

          Sylvain

        • Aaron
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 1, 2002
            The problem with Algonquin in the past has been that they want to charge us $$$ for using their rooms. That doesn't fit very well with our budget of $0. <grin>

            In the last 2 years we've bounced around from pubs to book stores to grocery stores to coffee shops to finally our resting place at the community centre. They've been incredibly nice to let us use their room for free.

            Aaron

            On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:23:07 +0000 "Sylvain Bergeron" <wolfie840@...> wrote:

            > Algonquin is the best way for me since I do travel by bus. Maybe ORE should
            > use the college on a more perm basis?
            >
            > Sylvain
          • Bill Wright
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 2, 2002
              This time (at least) we meet the $0 budget.
              Bill

              Aaron wrote:

              > The problem with Algonquin in the past has been that they want to
              > charge us $$$ for using their rooms. That doesn't fit very well with
              > our budget of $0. <grin>
              >
              > In the last 2 years we've bounced around from pubs to book stores to
              > grocery stores to coffee shops to finally our resting place at the
              > community centre. They've been incredibly nice to let us use their
              > room for free.
              >
              > Aaron
              >
              > On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:23:07 +0000 "Sylvain Bergeron"
              > <wolfie840@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Algonquin is the best way for me since I do travel by bus. Maybe ORE
              > should
              > > use the college on a more perm basis?
              > >
              > > Sylvain
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              [Image]

              [Image]

              It is never too late to give up our prejudices.
              Henry David Thoreau, 'Economy,' Walden, 1854
              ------------------------------------
              Bill Wright
              613-727-4723 ext. 5947
              FAX 613-598-3347
              http://www.AlgonquinCollege.com/~wrightw
              wrightw@...

            • Bill Wright
              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 3, 2002
                Unfortunately as the discussion took longer than I anticipated it
                appears as though we have lost this room to an evening course. Should I
                pursue and confirm another room?
                Bill

                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 3, 2002
                  On Tue, 03 Sep 2002 18:29:40 -0400 Bill Wright <wrightw@...> wrote:

                  > Unfortunately as the discussion took longer than I anticipated it
                  > appears as though we have lost this room to an evening course. Should I
                  > pursue and confirm another room?
                  > Bill

                  Yup. All we need in a room is tables and plugins. We bring the rest. <grin>

                  Aaron
                • Aaron Ramsey
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 18, 2005
                    Hi all,

                    As can be seen on the website:

                    > The next meeting in on July 11th. The usual room at Algonquin is
                    > unavailable for the summer, so we're looking for an alternative.

                    So... any ideas out there?

                    Guy: is Dovercourt available perhaps?

                    Aaron
                  • Micro
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 20, 2005
                      I can check, unless someone has a better location in
                      mind...

                      Guy

                      --- Aaron Ramsey <spamtest@...> wrote:

                      > Hi all,
                      >
                      > As can be seen on the website:
                      >
                      > > The next meeting in on July 11th. The usual room
                      > at Algonquin is
                      > > unavailable for the summer, so we're looking for
                      > an alternative.
                      >
                      > So... any ideas out there?
                      >
                      > Guy: is Dovercourt available perhaps?
                      >
                      > Aaron

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • Aaron Ramsey
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 6, 2005
                        Well, Guy had Dovercourt (the place where we've been holding the nerfbot
                        competition, among other things) booked for us in July and August but we
                        ended up getting bumped by someone that actually wanted to pay for a
                        room. <grin> So, the alternative was to move to a portable at Dovercourt
                        but we had to change the day to wednesday.

                        So, this summer for July and August we will be meeting on the second
                        WEDNESDAY of each month at Dovercourt Recreation Centre in the portable,
                        still starting at 7pm. We will switch back to mondays at the college
                        starting again in September.

                        Any and everyone is welcome to come to the meetings. There are no
                        requirements to be a member of ORE other than showing up! There are no
                        club fees or dues, and there never will be. Just show up at the
                        meetings, have fun, and build robots.

                        Address:
                        Dovercourt Recreation Centre
                        411 Dovercourt Ave.
                        Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

                        A map to Dovercourt and whatnot can be found here:
                        http://www.ottawarobotics.org/meeting.html

                        Aaron