The June meeting in a week and a bit...

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      The next meeting is going to be a busy one, so I figured that I'd give everyone a heads up.

      We are going to have 2 exhibition "competitions" and a "Build demo".

      Exhibition competition #1 - Minisumo - There will be at least two autonomous minisumo robots at the next meeting along with the ring that they fight in. The object is to push the other robot out of the ring. These robots are limited to 500 grams and 10cm by 10cm. The rules are on the ORE website.

      Exhibition competition #1 - Line Following Race - Autonomous robots race a course consisting of a black line on white tiles. The course configuration is not known before the race, so the robots must figure it out for themselves. Ron Clough posted more details back on May 18th, and the rules will be going up on the ORE website very soon.

      Build Demo - Ron Clough will be showing how RC servos can be modified for continuous rotation for use in small robots. This is a very handy thing to know how to do, and it is nice to see someone else do it before you mess up your own expensive servos. <grin>

      Over the next few months, we will be expanding on the competitions. This first month will be a technology demo of sorts to show people how easy it can be to get started with these robots.

      It should be a pretty fun meeting!