Re: [ORE_bits] Canon Motor KODO4

  • Albert den Haan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2013
      David:

      My guess is that it is a bipolar stepper with an easily removable rotor.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepper_motor

      The ferrite'ish core is the red gear-like thing in the center of this picture and the two coils space the outer electromagnets linearly instead of radially in this picture.

      I have seen recipes for identifying the proper hookups to the windings on the internet before, but I leave that search for you since you are one of the lucky 10000 for today: http://xkcd.com/1053/

          Albert.

      On 13-09-06 10:27 PM, Whiteley wrote:
      I've pulled from a Canon PowerShot Pro90IS two small motors one labelled
      KODO4.  They consist of two axial coils, one behind the other with 4mm
      ID.  One was part of the focus mechanism.  Inside each coil is a ring of
      10 heads which are offset from the other coil.

      The shaft is 30mm long with 20mm finely threaded.  The cylindrical core
      which fits inside the coils is 7mm long with a 1.5mm groove in the
      centre.  It is only slightly magnetic and looks like the composite used
      in inductors.

      Does anyone have any ideas on what the signals to drive these might be.

      David Whiteley
      Attached photo SDC11527.JPG  134KB