Re: [ORE_bits] motor for bike

  • porthos_6
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
      What controller is it ? Got a link ?

      -- Sent from my HP TouchPad

      On 2 Jun 2013 12:26 AM, Micro <micro222@...> wrote:

      Yep, it was the controller I just bought. I'm having it replaced next week.

      Guy

      From: klmckinnon@... <klmckinnon@...>
      To: ORE_bits@yahoogroups.com

      I'm hearing a 'blog' or similar in the making.....would be interesting to follow

      Ken

      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
        There are no links. No manual. I got it from Ridemore on Mcarthur road. I did take a picture:

        http://web.ncf.ca/fp927/bike/control.jpg

        Guy

        Yep, it was the controller I just bought. I'm having it replaced next week.

        Guy

        I'm hearing a 'blog' or similar in the making.....would be interesting to follow

        Ken

        I'd like to try adding an electric motor to my bike. Does anyone have a quiet, compact motor in the range of 200W to 1000W I could borrow? Hub motors are great but are out of my price range.

        Guy

      • Richard Sloan
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
          From RideLess... that the problem.....

          Whats the specs?

          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
            36V, limited to 500W. That's it for specs. What's wrong with Ridemore?

            Guy

            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
              Oh I thought you said RideLESS? :-)

              500W @ 36V is 14 amps, your @ 12V? so that's 42A, can it do 42A continous?

              Is it spec'd to 12V at all, maybe the FETS are not fully on? and hence issues.....

              Richard.

                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
                  I used 3 lipo packs when fully charged is 37.8V

                  Guy

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
                    I was referring to Guy.... motor specs? DC resistance? :-)

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
                      That esc looks like a 20 or 25 amp unit. You need in your case at least 40 to 80 amp capability

                      -- Sent from my HP TouchPad

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
                        80 amps would be interesting. At 37.8V that would be about 3000W (4 horsepower). That would take care of the hills quite nicely. I'd need a different motor because the current one gets too hot to touch after about 4km and it's limited to 500W.

                        Guy

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 2, 2013
                          Mine is a 100 amp esc

                          -- Sent from my HP TouchPad

[...]