Firefighting robots at Trinity

  • Aaron Ramsey
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
      Here is a shot of the crowd at Trinity yesterday. Lots of tweaks to be made to all the robots. Practice day is always hectic.

      On the lower left of the pic you'll see Albert tearing apart his robot and making major changes. Just beside his (out of the pic other than his computer unfortunately) is Andrew writing massive amount of code.

      Got my fingers crossed that everyone will be ready for competition today!
    • Richard Cook
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
        On 12-04-01 08:04 AM, Aaron Ramsey wrote:

        Here is a shot of the crowd at Trinity yesterday. Lots of tweaks to be made to all the robots. Practice day is always hectic.

        Thanks Aaron!
        --
        Richard Cook

      • Aaron Ramsey
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
          Today is d-day. From what I can see, lots of robots need one more day!

          Aaron

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
            Well, the competition is done with again this year. When I get home I'll post a few pics of it all. Ottawa is coming home without any prizes again this year sadly. It's surprisingly difficult to put together 3 successful runs. I'd venture a guess that 2/3rds of the robots entered never get to blow out a single candle. I know that of the 3 times I've competed (1 in Hartford and 2 in Toronto) that I've never managed it. ;-)

            I live making the trip down here ever year though. I always come away from it  with a renewed enthusiasm. Next year I'll be ready for Hartford!

            Aaron

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
              Man that sucks! When it should blow.....

              Are we still on for Arpil 9th, no issues?

              Richard.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
                Algonquin will be open so there shouldn't be any issues.

                Guy

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2012
                  Unless no one shows.... :-)

                  Is Monday a holiday?