Re: Low cost 3D printer project

  • picdude777
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2012
      Yup, the concept of "self-replicating" was just downright silly, sort of a Terminator-esque fantasy, particularly when only about 10% of the machine could actually be "replicated"! ;)

      The printed material is completely inappropriate for a rigid device, and the cost and effort involved are insane compared to even modest commercial production, in either plastics or metal.

      The cool thing about $350 price point is that it enters the "what the hell" price area, where it's cheap enough just to simply play with, and you don't need to make wild rationalizations about how useful it will be! ;)

      Fun!