4 legged walking robot

  • Jean-Marc LeBlanc
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2011
      I was wondering if any one had any information about how to make a
      walking robot?

      Jean-Marc Le Blanc
      ---

      "Do you pine for the nice days of Minix-1.1, when men were men and
      wrote their own device drivers?" Linus Torvalds
    • skiddaw7
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2011
        There is an article on a six legged robot on the MIT leglab website. I found "Boadicea - Leg Design" Also a photograph of the M2 leg components.

        www.ai.mit.edu/projects/boadicea....

        I didn't chase it any further because web access at the cottage is limited to the local library satellite.
      • Paul & Andrea Mumby
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2011
          Did you see the thread where I discussed my design for a 6 legged walker? I'll be releasing the design shortly (unfortunately work has gotten extremely busy so I haven't been able to finish it yet, hoping to get it done later this month though)

          A 4 legged walker wouldn't be too hard to design also, thought it depends on the walking style you want. Do you want something like a 4 legged version of a spider? or more like most 4 legged mammals (dog/cat/horse). Or something different?

          - Paul

          On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:29 PM, skiddaw7 <skiddaw2@...> wrote:

          There is an article on a six legged robot on the MIT leglab website. I found "Boadicea - Leg Design" Also a photograph of the M2 leg components.

          www.ai.mit.edu/projects/boadicea....

          I didn't chase it any further because web access at the cottage is limited to the local library satellite.

        • Alan
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2011
            Check out the threads on the Lynxmotion Forum:

            http://www.lynxmotion.net/

            Alan KM6VV

          • jeanmarc.leblanc@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2011
              I am trying to make a walking turtle so 4 legs is what I would need.

              On , Alan <KM6VV@...> wrote:

              > Check out the threads on the Lynxmotion Forum:
              >

              > http://www.lynxmotion.net/
              >

              > Alan KM6VV

            • Alan
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2011

                Check out a most recent post:

                http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7608&p=75037#p75037

                Alan KM6VV

                On , Alan <KM6VV@...> wrote:

                > Check out the threads on the Lynxmotion Forum:
                >

                > http://www.lynxmotion.net/
                >

                > Alan KM6VV

                _._,___