Re: [ORE_bits] Free Pro Membership to Instructables.com

  • Aaron Ramsey
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
      No problem. Just in under the wire.

      Aaron

      On 11-03-01 2:48 AM, Dave Hylands wrote:

      Hi Aaron,

      If you have any left (I don't want to push out any ORE_bits people), then my instructables account is dhylands.

      Thanks

      Dave Hylands

      On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Aaron Ramsey <aaron@...> wrote:

      Still some free pro account left.... I'll wait another day or two before shipping the list off to Laura.

      For those of you wondering what the heck Instructables.com is, its a website where people can post projects that they've done, and guidance on how to do the same. Tons of neat stuff there on robots.

      http://www.instructables.com/id/Robots/

      What is the advantage of a pro account? Well, you can download PDFs of the instructables instead of having to read them online, and you can look at all the steps to an instructable on a single page instead of having to click like a maniac to see everything. Normally it costs $25 a year or so for the pro account, so its a pretty sweet deal to get it for free.

      If you don't already have an account, go sign up for one and send me the username. <grin>

      Aaron

      On 11-02-24 5:36 PM, Aaron Ramsey wrote:

      Hey everyone, just got the following offer from Instructables. The first
      20 people that email me their instructables account name can have a free 1
      year pro membership! I'll collect the names and send them back to Laura.
      If you have comments or need to talk to Laura, let me know and I'll put
      you in touch with her!

      Hello O.R.E!

      I'm the Tech and Workshop editor at Instructables.com, and also a member
      of Noisebridge in San Francisco. I'd like to get to know you, help your
      members share projects and get more attention and generally help support
      your hackerspace. Here are some of the things we're currently doing - let
      me know if you have more ideas.

      Free stuff for your hackerspace:
      We're sponsoring free Instructables Pro accounts for hackerspace members.
      Let me know if your group would be interested - these are a $25/year
      value, and we could sponsor up to 20 of your members. I can also run free
      geotargeted ads for your hackerspace to boost awareness of and membership
      in your group, and even hook you up with some Instructables schwag.

      Win awesome tools:
      We're currently giving away a laser cutter and shop tools in our Epilog
      Challenge, and will run more big contests with prizes like 3D printers and
      other tools which are perfect for outfitting your space. Individual or
      group projects are eligible.

      If you have more questions, comments, or suggestions, or just want to
      talk, shoot me an email!

      Sincerely,
      Laura Khalil
      Editor: Technology, Workshop, Outside, Play

    • Aaron Ramsey