14019Re: [ORE_bits] Motor re-winding / possible commutator repair

  • Richard Sloan
    Nov 7, 2013
      Thanks....

      Richard.

      On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Thomas Bor <thomasbor@...> wrote:

      Richard,

      Motor rewind shops abound.  I would tend to disagree with them having 1/3 the life expectancy of new motors.

      It does depend on the size of the motor, as some of the smaller (3 phase AC squirrel cage motors) are pretty much off the shelf.  However, if this is a specialty motor, then, as Richard indicated you don't have much of a choice.  I did find a motor rewind shop on Rochester and before Aberdeen (when heading north), however, I didn't get a chance to investigate what they do or how much they charge.  Mind you, that was a few years ago and I don't know whether they're still there.

      However, I do know that Siemens has several motor repair facilities in Ontario, but that may not be practical for what you need.  They have one facility in Kirkland Lake, another in Sudbury, and a third down in or near Sarnia.

      Hope that helps.

      Sincerely,

      Thomas Bor