Reminder - CLASSICALmanac

  • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 637 , Jun 8, 2005

      CLASSICALmanac

      Date: Thursday, June 9, 2005
      Time: All Day

      1361 Death of French composer Philippe de Vitry in Meaux at age
      69. b-1361.
      1527 Death of German composer Heinrich FINCK in Vienna.
      b-Bamburg, 1445.
      1656 Death (Burial) of English composer Thomas Tomkins at age
      84,in Martin Hussingtree, nr Worcester, England.
      See more at <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/JUN/09.html">9 JUNE
      CLASSICALmanac</a>
    • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
      Message 637 of 637 , Dec 1, 2005

        CLASSICALmanac

        Date: Friday, December 2, 2005
        Time: All Day

        1854 Birth of Dutch composer Hendrika Van TUSSENBROEK in
        Utrecht. d-21 JUN 1935.
        1856 Birth in Helsinki of Finnish conductor and composer Robert
        KAJANUS. Noted for early Sibelius recordings.

        1863 Birth of composer Gustav WOHLGEMUTH.

        1866 Birth of choral director and organist Henry Thacker
        BURLEIGH in Stamford, CT.
        MORE=http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/DEC/02.html