Re: OPERAlmanac ~ Pathé Recordings

  • Bob Christiansen
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2004
      chris christopolous <chrischristopolous@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know of a source for out of print cds? There was a 10
      disc release in 1999 called Les Anees Pathe that had opera
      recordings from the 60s and i want to find it

      thank you so much

      Chris

      Dear Chris:

      The series of recordings you are referring is officially titled "Le Chant Fran�ais 1948-1965, Les ann�es Path�" and is on EMI 7243 8 85329 2 0 and features many of the singers I heard while living in France in the 60s. I bought my copy a couple of years ago, I believe from amazon.fr.

      Rob

    • Chris Christopolous
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
        thanks man

        yes i have the anthology u mention with the various recitals, but i was
        looking for opera highlights of like Herodiade, Lakme, and others. I think
        its out of print now

        Thanks again

        Chris

        >From: Bob Christiansen <ghirondero@...>
        >To: OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: OPERAlmanac ~ Path� Recordings
        >Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:04:51 -0800 (PST)
        >

        >chris christopolous <chrischristopolous@...> wrote:
        >
        >Does anyone know of a source for out of print cds? There was a 10
        >disc release in 1999 called Les Anees Pathe that had opera
        >recordings from the 60s and i want to find it
        >
        >thank you so much
        >
        >Chris
        >

        >Dear Chris:
        >

        >The series of recordings you are referring is officially titled "Le Chant
        >Fran�ais 1948-1965, Les ann�es Path�" and is on EMI 7243 8 85329 2 0 and
        >features many of the singers I heard while living in France in the 60s. I
        >bought my copy a couple of years ago, I believe from amazon.fr.
        >
        > Rob

        >CLASSICALmanac- http://racampbell.tripod.com/almanac/index.html
        >NEWS: http://racam2.tripod.com/CMNews/
        >CDS: http://racampbell.tripod.com/classicalcds/
        >Opera & Vocal:
        >http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=ncdn&path=tg/browse/-/84
        >OPERA PAGE: http://www.angelfire.com/biz/acousticdigest/opera.html
        >Music Directories: http://MUSIClassical.com
        >Latest Release News: http://librarypreviews.com/
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bob Christiansen
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
          Chris Christopolous <chrischristopolous@...> wrote:

          thanks man

          yes i have the anthology u mention with the various recitals, but i was
          looking for opera highlights of like Herodiade, Lakme, and others. I think
          its out of print now

          Thanks again

          Chris

          Dear Chris:

          Sorry, I misunderstood. That anthology is entitled "10 Op�ras Fran�ais (extraits) " and is also on EMI (10 CD set in stereo) 7243 5 73089 2 2, which I also got either from amazon.fr or fnac or some other French site. Hope you can find it. It contains some very lovely things. And, if you don't already have it. might I recommed "Les Introuvables du Chant Fran�ais", also on EMI, an 8 CD set which is well worth the listen.

          Cheers!

          Rob