Re: Re: [opera] PBS Specials, Ana Maria Martinez

  • Sandy Robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 1999
      Hi Joy,

      We had another wonderful experience at an opera in the
      Verona arena. We saw "Nabucco" and the people
      clapped so much after the singing of the famous
      chorus, that they sang it again, right then. It
      started to rain and they delayed the opera after the
      first act. I was sure they were going to cancel it but
      about two hours later, they started the second act.
      They didn't want to disappoint 18,000 people. We
      didn't get out till two o'clock in the morning but all
      the restaurants in the area were open if we wanted
      anything. But we were too tired. Just walked back to
      our hotel.

      Sandy from New Orleans

      http://messenger.yahoo.com