Reminder - CLASSICALmanac

  • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 637 , Apr 16, 2004

      CLASSICALmanac

      Date: Saturday, April 17, 2004
      Time: All Day

      1683 Birth of German composer Johann David HEINICHEN in
      Kr´┐Żssuln. d- 16 JUL 1729.

      1724 Birth of Prince Ferdinand LOBKOWITZ in Prague, patron of
      Gluck.

      1741 Birth of German composer Johann Gottlieb NAUMANN. d- 23 OCT
      1801.

      1774 Birth of Czech composer and organist Vaclav Jan Krtitel
      TOMASEK in Bohemia. d -3 APR 1850.

      See more at <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/APR/17.html">17 APR
      CLASSICALmanac</a>
    • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
      Message 637 of 637 , Dec 1, 2005

        CLASSICALmanac

        Date: Friday, December 2, 2005
        Time: All Day

        1854 Birth of Dutch composer Hendrika Van TUSSENBROEK in
        Utrecht. d-21 JUN 1935.
        1856 Birth in Helsinki of Finnish conductor and composer Robert
        KAJANUS. Noted for early Sibelius recordings.

        1863 Birth of composer Gustav WOHLGEMUTH.

        1866 Birth of choral director and organist Henry Thacker
        BURLEIGH in Stamford, CT.
        MORE=http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/DEC/02.html