Reminder - CLASSICALmanac

  • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 637 , Apr 12, 2004

      CLASSICALmanac

      Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2004
      Time: All Day

      1816 Birth of English composer Sir William Sterndale BENNETT in
      Sheffield. A professor of Music at Cambridge, later Principal of
      the Royal Academy of Music. d- 1 FEB 1875.

      1867 Birth of English pianist and conductor William Arundel
      ORCHARD in London. d - at Sea, 17 APR 1961.

      1886 Birth of English pianist Ethel LEGINSKA (Liggins) in Hull.
      d-L.A., CA. 26 FEB 1970.
      Also see <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/APR/13.html">13 APR
      CLASSICALmanac</a>
    • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
      Message 637 of 637 , Dec 1, 2005

        CLASSICALmanac

        Date: Friday, December 2, 2005
        Time: All Day

        1854 Birth of Dutch composer Hendrika Van TUSSENBROEK in
        Utrecht. d-21 JUN 1935.
        1856 Birth in Helsinki of Finnish conductor and composer Robert
        KAJANUS. Noted for early Sibelius recordings.

        1863 Birth of composer Gustav WOHLGEMUTH.

        1866 Birth of choral director and organist Henry Thacker
        BURLEIGH in Stamford, CT.
        MORE=http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/DEC/02.html