Reminder - CLASSICALmanac

  • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 637 , Apr 11, 2004

      CLASSICALmanac

      Date: Monday, April 12, 2004
      Time: All Day

      1710 Birth of English composer Thomas ARNE.

      1716 Birth of Italian violinist and composer Felice de GIARDINI.
      d- Moscow, 8 JUN 1796.

      1722 Birth of Italian composer and violinist Pietro NARDINI in
      Leghorn. d- 7 MAY 1793.

      1801 Birth of Austrian composer Joseph LANNER in Vienna. d- 14
      APR 1843.

      Ans see <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/APR/12.html">12 APR
      CLASSICALmanac</a>
    • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
      Message 637 of 637 , Dec 1, 2005

        CLASSICALmanac

        Date: Friday, December 2, 2005
        Time: All Day

        1854 Birth of Dutch composer Hendrika Van TUSSENBROEK in
        Utrecht. d-21 JUN 1935.
        1856 Birth in Helsinki of Finnish conductor and composer Robert
        KAJANUS. Noted for early Sibelius recordings.

        1863 Birth of composer Gustav WOHLGEMUTH.

        1866 Birth of choral director and organist Henry Thacker
        BURLEIGH in Stamford, CT.
        MORE=http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/DEC/02.html