Reminder - CLASSICALmanac

  • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 637 , Mar 31, 2004

      CLASSICALmanac

      Date: Thursday, April 1, 2004
      Time: All Day

      1866 Birth of composer and pianist Ferruccio BUSONI in Empoli.
      d- 27 AUG 1924.

      1871 Birth of American composer F. Melius CHRISTIANSEN. d-1955.
      1903 music instructor and band director at St. Olaf College in
      Northfield, Minnesota.
      1873 Birth of Russian composer and pianist Sergei RACHMANINOV
      near Oneg. d- 28 MAR 1943.

      1901 Birth of American violinist, teacher and composer Boris
      KOUTZEN. d-1966.
      See more at <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/APR/01.html">1 APR
      CLASSICALmanac</a>
    • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
      Message 637 of 637 , Dec 1, 2005

        CLASSICALmanac

        Date: Friday, December 2, 2005
        Time: All Day

        1854 Birth of Dutch composer Hendrika Van TUSSENBROEK in
        Utrecht. d-21 JUN 1935.
        1856 Birth in Helsinki of Finnish conductor and composer Robert
        KAJANUS. Noted for early Sibelius recordings.

        1863 Birth of composer Gustav WOHLGEMUTH.

        1866 Birth of choral director and organist Henry Thacker
        BURLEIGH in Stamford, CT.
        MORE=http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/DEC/02.html