Reminder - CLASSICALmanac

  • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 637 , Feb 11, 2004

      CLASSICALmanac

      Date: Thursday, February 12, 2004
      Time: All Day

      <LI>1937 Birth of American composer Terrence Patrick DOUGHERTY
      in Spokane, WA.
      <LI>1939 Birth of German soprano <A
      HREF="http://www.laopera.org/bios/bioDernesch.htm">Helga
      DERNESCH</a>.<BR>
      <LI>1950 (1951?)
      Birth of Georgian bass <A
      HREF="http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.culturacanaria.com/festival/paata.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3DPaata%2BBURCHULADZE%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG">Paata
      BURCHULADZE</a>.
      <LI>1955 Birth of Greek composer Michael REPOULIS in Athens.
      See more at <A
      HREF="http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/FEB/12.html">12 FEB
      CLASSICALmanac</a>
    • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
      Message 637 of 637 , Dec 1, 2005

        CLASSICALmanac

        Date: Friday, December 2, 2005
        Time: All Day

        1854 Birth of Dutch composer Hendrika Van TUSSENBROEK in
        Utrecht. d-21 JUN 1935.
        1856 Birth in Helsinki of Finnish conductor and composer Robert
        KAJANUS. Noted for early Sibelius recordings.

        1863 Birth of composer Gustav WOHLGEMUTH.

        1866 Birth of choral director and organist Henry Thacker
        BURLEIGH in Stamford, CT.
        MORE=http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/DEC/02.html