Reminder - CLASSICALmanac

  • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 637 , Feb 10, 2004

      CLASSICALmanac

      Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2004
      Time: All Day

      <LI>1916 FP by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, Gustav Strube,
      cond.
      First municpal orchestra supported by tax payers.
      <LI>1922 Birth of Austrian-American pianist (Ruth) Hilde SOMER
      in Vienna. d-Freeport, Bahamas 24 DEC 1979.
      <LI>1926 Birth of Scottish conductor <A
      HREF="http://www.scottishopera.org.uk/siralex.html">Sir
      Alexander GIBSON</a>. d-1995.<BR>
      <LI>1927 Birth of Austrian pianist Ilse von ALPENHEIM in
      Innsbruck.
      <LI>1929 Birth of composer <A
      HREF="http://library.albany.edu/speccoll/findaids/ua902.021.htm">Leonard
      KASTLE.</a>
      <LI>1930 Birth of English organist and choral conductor
      <A HREF="http://www.move.com.au/artist.cfm/116">Christopher
      DEARNLEY</a>. d-15 DEC 2000.
      <LI>1932 Birth of pianist and professor at Jeruselem Academy of
      Music, <A
      HREF="http://www.arabesquerecords.com/artist/lowenthal.html">Jerome
      LOWENTHAL</a>.<BR>
      <LI>1935 Birth of Ukranian-born, Argentinian violinist <A
      HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Hall/1278/Lysy/index2.htm">Alberto
      LYSY</a>.
      <LI>1938 Birth of Swiss soprano <A
      HREF="http://www.bach-cantatas.com/Bio/Mathis-Edith.htm">Edith
      MATHIS</a> in Lucerne. Operatic debut at 18 in Mozart's <I>Magic
      Flute</I>. m. Bernhard Klee.<BR>See more at <a
      href="http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/FEB/11.html">11 FEB
      CLASSICALmanac</a>
    • OPERAlmanac@yahoogroups.com
      Message 637 of 637 , Dec 1, 2005

        CLASSICALmanac

        Date: Friday, December 2, 2005
        Time: All Day

        1854 Birth of Dutch composer Hendrika Van TUSSENBROEK in
        Utrecht. d-21 JUN 1935.
        1856 Birth in Helsinki of Finnish conductor and composer Robert
        KAJANUS. Noted for early Sibelius recordings.

        1863 Birth of composer Gustav WOHLGEMUTH.

        1866 Birth of choral director and organist Henry Thacker
        BURLEIGH in Stamford, CT.
        MORE=http://www.geocities.com/musiclassical/DEC/02.html