Help?

  • Robert Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2003
      I am Mara Ferrata grand niece of Giuseppe Ferrata who was born in
      Gradoli, Italy in 1865 and died in New Orleans LA in 1928.

      My mother passed away in October this year, and in clearing family
      documents I came across some original sheets of music written by Zio
      (Uncle) Giuseppe and bequeathed to my father Domenico Ferrata, now
      deceased. One seems to be an anthem composition which is dedicated to
      the King and Queen of Spain. I do not know if these were the draft
      copies he made before re-writing them and presenting them to the
      Spanish Court, or if they are still the originals never sent. I think
      at the time he was at the Music Academy of Santa Cecilia in either
      Rome or Paris. Is there any way I could find out if I scan the
      documents and forward them to you? I am a little worried about the
      fragile state of the parchment paper, but scanning should not
      discolor it.

      I look forward to hearing from you.
      Yours sincerely,
      Mara Trumbo (nee` Ferrata)