Re: OPERAlmanac Re: Opera Legends

  • John Collinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      Hi Tom,
      The Journet mystery is solved. I am fairly new to the web but found a site with a discography of all his solo recordings. His diction is so indistinct on the excerpt that I did not even recognise he was singing in Italian until I knew what to listen for and, lo and behold, it is "Gloria al tuo Dio" from Boito's Nerone. Thanks so much for the tip that it may not be Mefistofele. All the best,
      John.