Fwd: Re: Welcome to OPERAlmanac

  • mc
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2003
      Please welcome a new member>
      > > We all would like to know who you are, your
      > favorite works, composers, artists and other
      > preferences in the Opera music and art form.
      >
      > Hello. My name is Karen Clayton; I live in southern
      > Illinois; I hold bachelor's and masters' degrees in
      > voice performance. I am a mezzo-soprano (studied
      > with Marjorie Lawrence back in the day), but my
      > favorite opera is "La Boheme." I am a Verdi freak
      > (am seeing
      > Ballo in Chicago tomorrow); I also like Mozart,
      > Donizetti, Rossini, and much of the French
      > repertoire, as well as German, French, Spanish,
      > Italian and English song literature. My favorite
      > artists are Franco Corelli, Bryn Terfel, Dmitri
      > Hvorostovsky, Maria Callas,
      > Grace Bumbry, Marcello Giordani, Andrea Rost--I
      > could go on and on ad infinitum. I accompany and
      > coach voice students at the university where I am
      > the academic advisor for the School of Music.
      >
      > > Do you attend operas in your community?
      > > What company performs? Notible guest artists?
      >
      > SIUC presented La Rondine this semester. I also
      > attend performances at Union Avenue Opera Theatre in
      > St. Louis, and am a season ticketholder at Chicago
      > Lyric Opera.
      >
      > > Is opera available on your local radio station?
      > What station, what is their broadcast time?
      >
      > Opera is available on the community radio station in
      > my area--can't remember the call letters. I
      > sometimes listen to KFUO in St. Louis, but prefer to
      > listen to the Met broadcasts on-line.
      >
      > Cheers!

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • mc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2004
        Members, I would like you to welcome our new member:
        --- > Thank you for your kind welcome.

        =====
        DISCUSSION List for the classical music-literate who wants to help the classical music-novice... musiclassicalist-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        SEE:aMUSIClassical directory of composers and performers and other webpages of interest to classical music lovers at http://musiclassical.com