Question on old recordings

  • nthruz1@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Does anyone have information where I may write, email, phone, etc. in trying to obtain old recordings of Antoinette Sterling, Jean Sterling MacKinlay, and Malcolm Sterling MacKinlay?  All sang opera; Antoinette b1841- d1904; Jean and Malcolm, her children, born between 1876 and 1882.  Any suggestions welcomed.

      Sincerely,

      Lady Mary
    • limekoola
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        --- In AnOPERAlist@y..., nthruz1@c... wrote:
        > Does anyone have information where I may write, email, phone, etc.
        in trying
        > to obtain old recordings of Antoinette Sterling, Jean Sterling
        MacKinlay, and
        > Malcolm Sterling MacKinlay? All sang opera; Antoinette b1841-
        d1904; Jean
        > and Malcolm, her children, born between 1876 and 1882. Any
        suggestions
        > welcomed.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        >
        > Lady Mary

        I doubt if Stirling ever recorded, not even The Lost Chord. There is
        a National Sound Archive in England which is part of the British
        Music Information Service (just type that into a search engine and
        you'll find it)
        Mike.