Date for MET Nilsson/Domingo TOSCA

  • Gregory Darvis
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      Thanks to you all for the actual MET Nilsson/Vickers WAGNER
      Concert, April 11, 1981 ! Must have had about nine returns on
      that. Listened to the cd last night, and it still blows me away.

      I've got an opera friend in Stockholm, also a Nilsson 'nut'....and
      he asked me about this TOSCA with Nilsson, Domingo, Dooley,
      conducted by George Shick, with Milton Cross. I said that I had
      had my friend transfer this to cds, and thought the date of the
      broadcast was somewhere within 1975-77....other than that: not
      a clue. If any of you know, AGAIN, this info would be greatly
      appreciated. Hearing Nilsson's 'leap from the parapet is like
      nothing I've ever heard anywhere before!

      Best Wishes from Philly,

      JOHN
    • Mike Begley
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
        Just thought that I was share the MET's entire repetoire for the week in
        question -
        DIE MEISTERSINGER VON NÜRNBERG [341] .2/10/69
        Conducted by Rosenstock .
        Sachs: T. Adam
        Eva: Lorengar
        Walther: Kónya

        LUCIA DI LAMMERMOOR February 11, 1969 [369] Conducted by Franci
        Lucia: R. Peters
        Edgardo: Gedda
        Enrico: Saccomani [1 ]
        Raimondo: Giaiotti

        CARMEN [650] February 12, 1969
        Conducted by Lombard
        Carmen: Bumbry
        José: J. King
        Micaela: Raskin
        Escamillo: Krause

        DIE MEISTERSINGER VON NÜRNBERG [342] 2/13/69
        Conducted by Rosenstock Sachs: Tozzi
        Eva: Lorengar
        Walther: J. Alexander

        LUCIA DI LAMMERMOOR [370]
        2/14/69
        Conducted by Franci
        Lucia: Agai [who???]
        Edgardo: Gedda
        Enrico: Saccomani
        Raimondo: Macurdy

        TOSCA [502] February 15, 1969 Matinee
        Conducted by Schick
        Scarpia: Dooley
        Tosca: B. Nilsson
        Cavaradossi: P. Domingo
        Sacristan: Plishka

        GALA PERFORMANCE
        Grist, S. Milnes, Lorengar, Domingo, Uppmann, Nilsson, L. Price, Gedda,
        Arroyo, Tucci, Gedda, Moffo, King, Caballe, Lear, Krause

        Other than an unknown Lucia, not a bad week's schedule I'd say.

        Mike Begley
        heldentenor@...