Rinaldo - Glyndebourne 2011.

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2012
      Hi Opera Lovers,
      I have recorded the above production from BBC 4 last Friday night.Let me know if anybody would like a copy to trade or purchase it.Cast Details below :

      Thanks,
      Pat.

      From the Glyndebourne Festival 2011, a new staging of Handel's opera Rinaldo, the work with which he made his sensational London debut.

      It is the first Italian opera specifically written for the British stage and is given a contemporary twist in this new production. Directed by Robert Carsen, the opera is set as a school boy's dream during a history lesson, in which Rinaldo imagines himself in the holy land at the time of the First Crusade.

      The cast is headed by Sonia Prina in the title-role, with Anett Fritsch as his beloved Almirena, Brenda Rae as the seductive Saracen sorceress Armida, and Luca Pisaroni as her duplicitous ally Argante. The Orchestra of the Enlightenment is conducted by Ottavio Dantone.
    • Sabine Neghabat
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012