Suor Angelica

  • kenreis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2010
      Hi Tom
      You probably already have this but...
      Full cast (and it's a long one)
      Suor Angelica Joan Sutherland
      the Princess Rosina Raisbeck
      Two Lay Sisters Narelle Davidson, Rosemary Gunn
      Sister Monitress Elizabeth Fretwell
      Mistress of Novices Lesley Stender
      Suor Osmina Kathleen Moore
      Suor Genovieffa Cynthia Johnston
      Suor Dolcina Mary-Jane Corderoy
      Two nuns Catherine Elliott, Lois Empey
      Novices Judith saliba, Luise Napier, Hellen* O'Rourke (not a typo)
      The Portress Miluska Simkova
      the Abbess Heather Begg (who should have played the Princess in my book)
      Sister Infirmaress Isobel Buchanan
      Two Alms Sisters Lois Empey, Mary Hayman
      The Madonna Josephine Bermingham
      The Child Gregory Howeth
      Australian Opera Orch
      Cond: Richard Bonynge
      Sydney Opera House

      16/19/22/26 July 1977
      I attended two of these evenings so i have two in-house recordings, (not by me naturally). The other half of the evening was Pagliacci with a cut-rate cast.
      regards Ken Reis