A Tsunami Gala Performance (recorded Easter 2005)

  • opsark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2006
      I have this performance on DVD in either NTSC or PAL. Please send
      your lists if you want to trade for a copy

      Tsunami Gala Concert
      Sunday 27 March 2005

      Staff and artists at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden mount a
      special charitable event in aid of the victims of the

      Asian tsunami.

      An international line up of artists from The Royal Opera and The
      Royal Ballet appear in popular arias, duets, folk songs and

      dance 'divertissements'. The distinguished role call includes the
      singers Karita Mattila, Marcelo Alvarez, Simon Keenlyside

      and Thomas Hampson; and dancers Sylvie Guillem, Darcey Bussell,
      Jonathan Cope and Tamara Rojo.

      Providing the backbone of the concert is The Orchestra of the Royal
      Opera House, under the baton of the Music Director of The

      Royal Opera, Antonio Pappano, who is joined by Sir Edward Downes,
      Sir Charles Mackerras and Barry Wordsworth.