Upcoming Programs at the College of ComplexesWeekly Free Speech Forum on Social Issues and Current Events"The Playground for People Who Think" since 1951Everycpaidock
Dear Friends, Please join us at Third Unitarian Church May 17 for this important Forum: May 17 - Andy Thayer on How Do We Defend & Expand Our Rights in an Agellambertschmidt
Friends,For May Day, you're welcome to attend the last in the Joe Hill Centennial at the URI-EICHEN Gallery, 2101 South Halsted, CHICAGO Illinois email@example.com
* promote awareness of events
* explore humanitarian alternatives to war
* protect our civil liberties
* empower dissent
Please do visit as well our web site, which is at:
We wish to build bridges between ourselves, other local groups and individuals who question the war and seek alternative responses to terrorism. This email list is in service of that connection, and to announce events that our group sponsors or that our members may find of interest.
Here are some issues our group is interested in:
* Promote and/or explore peaceful alternatives to war
* Tell all the truth about the Sept. 11 attack
* Bring the guilty to justice in an international court of law such as the UN Tribunal
* Alter U.S. foreign policy, including:
- Focus on diplomacy and cooperation toward a peaceful resolution to terrorism
- Halt US financing of warlord terrorist activities worldwide
- Eradicate the poverty, hunger, and human rights abuses that nurture terrorism
- Shut down the School of the Americas
- Support Afghan refugees
* Protect our civil liberties
* End racist backlash attacks at home
* Encourage a true watch-dog media that is uncensored and impartial
* Find a safe alernative energy source and end the U.S. dependency on oil
* Support the growth of other groups who are interested in these issues
- Peace and Nonviolence
- Feb 18, 2002
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.