Come Talk About Race and the Environmental Movement

  • Estelle Carol
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2013
      Hi everyone

      This sound really interesting.

      Estelle

      From: Faith in Place <clare@...>
      Date: January 22, 2013 4:04:50 PM CST
      Subject: Come Talk About Race and the Environmental Movement

      Faith in Place
      Quick Links
      t-shirt
      Free t-shirt for new monthly donations

      Conversation about Race and the Environmental Movement

      Thursday, January 24th, 2013

      6:30pm - 8:30pm

      Dear Estelle,

      The congregations that participate with Faith in Place contain every kind of people - African-American, Caucasian, Latino, Asian, all of the above. They're from every economic class and every life experience, too. But for some reason, here in the United States, the mainstream environmental movement has remained a heavily white and middle-class movement. Have you ever wondered why that is, and wished that you could talk about it with people who are different from you? We have, too.

      We decided we'd open up an opportunity. Please join us for an evening of conversation entitled "Race and the Environmental Movement" on January 24th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm in the Millennium Park Room of the Chicago Cultural Center.

      The evening will open with brief reflections by Faith in Place staff and others who hail from all over the demographic map. Then we'll open up for a real conversation - honest questions, candid answers. The context will be loving and full credit will be given for good, true questions and intentions. Join us!

      Thank you to the Chicago Cultural Center for donating the Millennium Park Room for our event.

      Please save the date for this exciting event. We hope you will join us to reflect on this important topic.

      Clare

      .

      Img Ipl LogoFaith in Place is proud to be the home of Illinois Interfaith Power & Light, which makes us part of a national religious response to climate change.

      You may unsubscribe from this monthly newsletter at any time. If you would like to become more involved, join our Rapid Response team.

      empowered by Salsa

      Carol Simpson Productions LLC
      323 S. East Ave
      Oak Park IL 60302 USA
      Make checks to Carol Simpson Productions LLC

      Estelle Carol,
      senior designer
      Skype ID:  estelle.carol
      708-386-7197