Wine and Cheese for Nancy Wade in Congress this Friday in Riverside!

  • laurel schmidt
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2012
      You're invited:

      I'm having a wine and cheese to raise money for Nancy Wade in Congress this Friday at my home:  203 Parkview, Riverside, IL.  Call me if you can make it!  Fri, October 5 at 7:30pm --

      As some of you know too well, I ran for Congress as a Green Party candidate in the 3rd Congressional District in 2010 and got over 10,000 votes.  This should have been enough to keep me as an established party candidate, but state Dems redistricted me out of the 3rd and cut off the Green Party's established status.  That meant for enormous signature requirements before we could field a candidate..

      Now the Green Party has mounted 2 successful petition drives for US Congress,  one for Paula Bradshaw (http://bradshaw4congress.org/) in Southern Illinois  and one in the new 5th District, for my friend and choir mate, Nancy Wade.  http://wadeincongress.org   And another for the top spot, Jill Stein for President. http://www.jillstein.org/

      In particular, I ask you, friends, neighbors and loyal supporters to join me in my support of Nancy for Congress.  Nancy supports
      • Fairness in taxation and the Robin Hood Tax;
      • Create jobs that benefit our communities;
      • Medicare for all;
      • Get the Big Money out of politics;
      • Reorganize mortgages and resurrect the Glass-Steagall Act;
      • Cut the basic military budget by 25 percent over the next decade; and
      • Elevate the Environment in our national priorities.
      and has stood with striking Chicago teachers and the Occupy movement.

      Please support Paula Bradshaw as well.  She'll be in Chicago on Monday Oct 2.  from 6-8 pm at  Jaks Tap, 901 W. Jackson Boulevard, (near Peoria St.), West Loop of course in the Green Room the event page is here:  http://www.facebook.com/events/149059545238878/

      Even if you don't live in Paula or Nancy's districts, think of what a Green could do in Congress!  She will be a voice for all who want peace and equality.

      But please come to MY house on Friday!
      • To get here via public transportation, I'm just a block and a half from the Burlington Metra Hollywood-Zoo stop - a train leaves Union station at 7 and gets into Hollywood at 7:22.  Or you can pick up a 302 PACE bus at the end of the Pink Line el (54th Ave)  It'll drop you just a block away by Riverside Brookfield  High School, but the going's pretty slow.  OR give us a call and we'll pick you up from the  Blue Line el at Des Plaines/Forest Park
      • If you're driving, I'm one block south of Riverside Brookfield High School and one and a half blocks west of First Avenue.
      If you can't make it, please drop off, a bottle of wine, some nibbles or better yet, either a check made out to:  "Wade in Congress," or your commitment to work the campaign.

      Peace,
      Laurel
      773.991.8751

      Laurel Lambert Schmidt