Re: Climate Change event at OPPL

  • rvpokorny@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2012
      OPCTJ Folks -

      Sent from - Karla Chew <karlachew@...>

      Sent: Thu, Jun 7, 2012 12:13 am
      Subject: FW: Climate Change event at OPPL

      I am organizing the event below on climate change and global warming at the Oak Park Public Library Main Branch.  The Chicago Citizens’ Climate Lobby is part of a the Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL), a nationwide group, organized to effect a carbon tax in the United States.

      Can you have this sent to your Social Action list?  Can it also be sent to the church mailing list?

      Thank you.

      Jim Dickert
      708 763-8185

      CHICAGO CITIZENS’ CLIMATE LOBBY
      PRESENTS
      Climate Change - Demanding Action

      Monday June 25th
      7:00 pm
      Oak Park Public Library
      Main Branch

      We've all heard about climate change, but do we really understand it?  Is it real?  Is it really that bad?  Why is there so much heated disagreement about it?  And what can a concerned citizen do about it?

      If you want to know the answers to any of these questions, come to the Oak Park Library on June 25th at 7:00 pm to hear energy scientist Rick Knight give you his perspective from over 35 years of research.

      Climate Change - Demanding Action is a three-part, 90-minute presentation and discussion.
      It's about our future.