Skip to search.

This Friday - OPCTJ Fun-d-Raiser

  • rvpokorny@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2011
      Last chance to reserve a place.  Call Judy Erickson - 708.203.9818, or me - 708-218-1202

      Peace and Justice Food, Fellowship, & Fun-d-Raiser

       Friday, October 14

      Website: www.opctj.org

      Oak Park, Illinois, Friday, October 14th ~ The Oak Park Coalition for Truth & Justice will hold a fundraiser at Unity Temple located at 875 Lake Street in Oak Park, IL. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. Event ends 10 p.m.

      The event will consist of a brief program, socializing, catered dinner, a cash bar, music, a silent auction, and fellowship with kindred spirits within the peace community. A gathering the busy activist will not want to miss! The ticket price is $25.00; $10.00 for students, unemployed and those with limited income. The ticket price includes food but not drinks. For more information, or to obtain tickets, contact Judy Erickson at 708.203.9818.

      The Oak Park Coalition for Truth & Justice was formed prior to the U.S. invasion of Iraq to pursue a peaceful alternative to war. OPCTJ continues to urge an end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. For years we have co-hosted a documentary film series with the Oak Park Public Library, primarily on peace, social justice and environmental topics. We also participate in the NEW New Deal Project that offers workshops linking progressive issues, helping to support grassroots community education and dialogue.

      ###