Why We March

  • AllenM1043@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2011

      Why We March

      This Sunday at Third Unitarian Church of Chicago

      The regular Sunday Forum starts at 10:00 AM

      every Sunday

      Sunday: 10-2-2011 at 10:00 AM

      Pat Hunt will speak

      Pat Hunt of Code PINK Chicago and Chicago Area Peace Action will speak on "After 10 Years... Why We March to Get U.S./NATO Out of Afghanistan."

      Representatives of the Midwest Mobilization Coalition are organizing a rally and march to President Obama's Chicago 2012 campaign headquarters on Sat, Oct. 8. Both of Pat Hunt’s organizations are part of this coalition.

      They are organizing to recognize the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan on October 6. The coalition putting this together includes Voices for Creative Nonviolence, Kathy Kelley’s organization. One of their speakers who has recently been to Afghanistan will speak.

      For more of progressive words and action,

      stay on for the service in the sanctuary

      and coffee afterward.

      Third Unitarian Church is at 301 North Mayfield,

      two blocks east and one block south of the

      Austin Green Line stop.

      For more info go to www.thirdunitarianchurch.org