Struggles of U.S. Veterans

  • AllenM1043@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 4:00 PM

      Struggles of U.S. Veterans

      This Sunday at Third Unitarian Church of Chicago

      The regular Sunday Forum starts at 10:00 AM

      every Sunday

      No admission and not even a collection!

      Sunday: 5-29-2011 at 10:00 AM

      Anthony Wagner and David van Dam will speak

      In honor of Memorial Day and our veterans, Anthony Wagner and David van Dam will speak about the struggles of U.S. veterans in our current wars.

      Wagner, an Iraq veteran, will talk about post-traumatic stress syndrome and about anti-recruiting efforts at high schools.

      David Van Dam, who left the Navy after getting involved with peace activists and received a less-than-honorable discharge, will update us about what is going on in veterans' resistance programs, especially at Fort Hood.

      For more of progressive words and action, stay on for the service in the sanctuary and the coffee hour that follows our Celebration of Life.

      Third Unitarian Church is at 301 North Mayfield,

      two blocks east and one block south of the

      Austin Green Line stop.

      For more info go to www.thirdunitarianchurch.org