V-Day, 3/18, 7pm

  • rvpokorny@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2011
      VDAY-  March 18 from 7pm - 10pm

      Join with our OPRF High School students on Friday, March 18th, at Pilgrim Church, 460 Lake Street, Oak Park.  Why? To combat violence against women and girls.  VDAY stands for an array of things: victory-over-violence, vagina, voluptuous, vulnerability, etc.  This event is a global initiative to stop violence against women and girls and revitalize the spirit of anti-violence movements.

      We, as OPRF students, are continuing the annual tradition of joining together and hearing the voice of women with our own local VDAY concert featuring student feminist groups.  In the eleven years, the V-DAY movement has raised over $80 millions dollars and touched more than 300 million people.  Please help us support women's rights and listen to local musicians, dancers and poets. Together as a community we can empower women!  Proceeds from the $5 admission charge will go to Sarah's Inn.