Justice Clothing for Christmas / Sweatshop Hall of Shame 2010

  • Charles Paidock
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2010
    Shopping at places like Wal-Mart will be debated on Saturday, Nov. 27th at 8:00 PM at the College of Complexes www.collegeofcomplexes.org

    "The clothing factory’s anti-union campaign includes hanging an anti-union banner outside the facility at the entrance" attachments

    At the Christmas tree, a couple exchanges gifts:
    Husband:  Just what I wanted, new shirts!
    Wife:  I know the cotton it's made out of was picked by field crews of children living in dormitories, but let's not have social consciousness spoil our holiday.

    2010 Sweatshop Hall of Shame
    http://www.laborrights.org/sites/default/files/publications-and-resources/sweatshop_hall_shame_2010.pdf

    One shopping guide, among many:

    Gift Certificates Advailable at:
    Justice Clothing
    If you don't mind buying clothing made by slaves, children, indentured servants, or workers who are paid pennies a day, we are not your kind of store.

    At Justice Clothing we don't think fashion should hurt.

    You can help stop the destruction of communities at home and abroad by buying clothing made by workers who are treated fairly.

    All of the clothes at Justice Clothing are made in the USA and Canada by unionized workers