FBI Raids

  • Roger Beltrami
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010
      For those of you who have received this link from other sources, I apologize for the repetition.  For the rest of you, the following video helps explain the background of the raids, the events of that day, and the implications for the future.  The moderator is Christine Geovanis, who heads the media subcommittee for the Oct 16 March, and who is now also part of the newly formed group, Committee Against Political Repression.

      The show aired on Sept 29 on CAN-TV.

      On September 29th, the newly formed Committee Against Political Repression sponsored a live, call-in show on CAN-TV. In the wake of the FBI raids in Chicago and Minneapolis, intimidation across the country and the dozen grand jury subpoenaes issued, Christine Geovanis hosts a forum that features Stephanie Weiner and Joe Iosbaker whose home was searched, Don Rose who recalls the historical parallels of the Red Scare and Cointel, and Kristin Szremski who represents the American Muslims for Palestine and that organization's efforts to educate the community about free speech rights.