Re: US Social Forum. Chicago Info Session. January 5th

  • Estelle Carol
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2009
      B. Loewe wrote:
      ***Please Forward Widely***

      Chicago Info. Session. January 5th. A Movement of Movements

      The US Social Forum is...

      The US Social Forum is more than a conference, more than a networking bonanza, more than a reaction to war and repression. The USSF will provide space to build relationships, learn from each other's experiences, share our analysis of the problems our communities face, and bring renewed insight and inspiration. It will help develop leadership and develop consciousness, vision, and strategy needed to realize another world.

      Get Involved

      • Host an Info Session for your Organization or in your neighborhood
      • Sponsor attendees
      • Join a local or national working group
      • Plan a work brigade to Detroit
      • Plan a workshop to share at the Forum
      Visit roadtodetroit.blogspot.com to join the planning for the road to Detroit 2010.

      Vaya al sitio de web para más información. roadtodetroit.blogspot.com

      Another World is Possible. Another US is Necessary. A New Detroit is Underway

      Learn about the Social Forum Process and Chicago's Road to Detroit.

      January 5th. 6:00pm - 8:00pm
      Access Living. 115 w. Chicago Ave.

      20,000 changemakers will be gathering in Detroit in June from all different sectors and communities to share vision, strategy, practice, and action.

      This information session is for people new to the Social Forum organizing. It will orient Chicagoans to the history of the World Social Forum, the plan for Detroit, and how Chicago can use this as a movement building moment.

      Hundreds are getting together to fundraise, coordinate travel, and plan events to support the participation of youth, low-income, people of color, and neighborhood folk from affected communities. Come to the session to see how we can link up and build a Chicago that works for everyone.

      Check out the local website at http://roadtodetroit.blogspot.com

      Grassroots Fundraising Tools Available:

      The Costs for Travel, Registration, Food, and Housing are still being finalized but we know its going to take loot to get us there.

      Check out:

      http://www.ussf2010.org/feedtheroots for tips on how you can start raising the resources to get you and yours to the forum successfully

      .

      http://www.ussf2010.org