South Side historical bus tour on Oct 17

  • Estelle Carol
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2009
      This South Side historical bus tour on Oct 17 sounds interesting. See
      details below. AREA Chicago is an interesting alternative publication
      that exists as a website and a newspaper. It's run by volunteers.

      Estelle

      Hey Chicago,

      Sorry for not getting the Olympics. Guess we'll have to find another
      reason to improve public transport than simply for the sake of Olympic
      tourists in 2016. This is just a quick note to let everyone know about
      an amazing bus tour that AREA has co-organized of the far south side of
      the city to happen in conjunction with our upcoming issue about the
      periphery. Many awesome things will be experienced on this bus tour!
      Also, please check out an event with one of our issue # 8 authors, Kari
      Lydersen, about the amazing folks at UE/Republic Windows in the larger
      context of the economic crisis down at the Cultural Center on the 27th.
      And finally, mark your calendars for our next release party on november
      9th. Hope to see you soon! As usual, please help us out by forwarding
      these announcements to your networks.

      Date: Saturday, October 17, 2009 12-6 pm
      Event title: Heartland-AREA Southside Study Day
      Location: Bus leaves from the Smart Museum, 5550 South Greenwood Avenue
      at noon.

      Heartland exhibition. Visit far South Side neighborhoods and learn about
      local industrial history, material culture, and politics. Events include
      tours, informal presentation and discussion, and a meal. A bus leaves
      from in front of the Smart Museum on Greenwood at 12pm sharp. Space is
      limited; reserve your spot by emailing areaeditors@.... Please use
      the subject line “Heartland-AREA Southside Study Day.”

      SPACE IS LIMITED AND RESERVATION IS REQUIRED: for reservation or
      information contact areaeditors@... or Rebecca Zorach at 312-259-4393