Meeting Thursday

  • rvpokorny@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 6:19 PM

      OPCTJ Agenda

      Meeting on Thursday, July 9th, 2009

      Gather at 7:00 PM - Meeting Starts at 7:15 PM

      This  meeting will be back at the Oak Park Public Library-  2nd floor meeting room

      To make additions/revisions to this agenda contact Rich Pokorny - rvpokorny@... at least one day prior.  If you are trying to contact me on the day of the meeting call 219-736-0330 (ask for Dick).

      1)      Introductions

      2)      Review & approve minutes from previous meeting.

      3)      Choose minutes taker.

      4)      Reports

      Treasurer   - Bill

      Blackwater/Clearwater - Bill

      OPAHA - Bill/Bamshad- .

      Film Series - Beverley/Estelle -

      Meeting with Elected Officials - John

      5)      Old business

      Participatory Democracy - John Cabral

      The NEW New Deal - Review of the event.

      4th of July Parade - Review of the event.

      Fund Raising Event / Membership Building - Bamshad / Beverley - Spring event / dinner / auction?

      Labor History Tour -  We agreed to accept Larry Spivack’s offer to do one or more labor history tours after June 14, when his schedule opens up.  Peg will work on it; Bamshad will solicit possible dates by email.  Larry will write blurbs for a ½ day and for a full day tour.  We would rent a small van, not a big tour bus.

      6)      New business

      7)      Announcements

    • rvpokorny@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2010

        OPCTJ Agenda

        Meeting on Thursday, January 14th, 2010

        Gather at 7:00 PM - Meeting Starts at 7:15 PM

        This meeting will be at the Oak Park Public Library-  2nd floor meeting room

        To make additions/revisions to this agenda contact Rich Pokorny - rvpokorny@... at least one day prior.  If you are trying to contact me on the day of the meeting call 219-736-0330 (ask for Dick).

        1)      Introductions

        2)      Review & approve minutes from previous meeting.

        3)      Choose minutes taker.

        4)      Reports

        Treasurer   - Jan / Bill

        Blackwater/Clearwater - Bill / Peg

        OPAHA - Bill/Bamshad- .

        Film Series - (Beverley)

        5)      Old business

        Fund Raising Event / Membership Building - dinner / auction – Rich

                    Difficulties with reserving a space.

        The New New Deal – Bamshad

        6)      New business

        Coalition to Save Community Banking – Peg

        OPAHA – Sale of West Suburban Hospital

        7)      Announcements

        Wed Jan 27th – 7 PM – “Staley – The fight for the new American Labor Movement.”