Camp Hope - Are You Going?

  • rvpokorny@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2008
      To All -- Still looking for people to join us for this Saturday, or on Friday January 16th.

      John Cabral and I invite you to join us on Saturday January 3rd, at Camp Hope</a> in
      Hyde Park, Chicago. We can travel there together, have lunch before, coffee
      afterward, or whatever works for you. Camp Hope is organized by Voices for
      Creative Non-Violence and other peace groups. The HOPE is that we can provide
      support for our new president to create the CHANGE we voted for. See details
      about Camp Hope below. Come join us for companionship, fun, HOPE, CHANGE, peace
      and joy in the New Year.

      Contact John or I if you want to join us.

      We will also be going in the morning on Friday January 16.

      Rich Pokorny - rvpokorny@...

      John Cabral - john_cabral@...

      http://www.Camphope2009.org

      In January 2009, Barack Obama will be inaugurated as president of the United
      States. We earnestly hope his presidency will signal the dawning of long-needed
      progressive change in the United States. To help build popular momentum behind
      the progressive goals of President Obama's campaign, we invite you to join us in
      maintaining a 19-day presence, from January 1 � 19, 2009, in Hyde Park, Chicago:
      "Camp Hope: Countdown To Change."

      Every day from New Years' to Dr. Martin Luther King Day, whatever winter has in
      store for us, we will set up at the intersection of East Hyde Park Boulevard and
      5100 South Drexel Avenue to congratulate Senator Obama as our new
      President-elect and recommit ourselves to progressive actions he promoted on his
      campaign trail. We are urging President-elect Obama to take eight actions
      immediately upon being sworn into office, and reminding ourselves that these are
      only eight early steps to more profound policy changes.

      Camp Hope seeks action on:

      -War in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan
      -Global Climate Change
      -Nuclear Weapons
      -Guantanamo and Torture
      -Immigrant Rights
      -Unemployment and the Prison-Industrial Complex
      -Housing Foreclosures
      -Universal Health Care